Monday, November 3, 2008

Schedule.


This is the timeline and the order in which I am planning on studying the two books I described here.

I get home every day at approximately 1:30PM. Lunch takes me about 10 minutes, afterwards I need a nap to clear out my head, which should take between 15-20 minutes. Then I have about three and a half hours till around 5.30PM to set aside for studying. These 3 ½ hours, I intend to use on studying new material. Then, I have set aside about a hour and a half in the evening to review the material learned that day.

This week I intend to finish the first book, Understanding Wall Street.

My plan is to study at least two chapters daily, and then review them in the evening. The book has 13 chapters, 12 of which I intend to master by the end of the week. Chapter 12 refers to technical analysis, and since I am aiming for investing & not trading, I plan on omitting it. Otherwise, I expect to study it thoroughly.

Next week I hope to continue on to the next book, Value Investing. But not before returning to post on what I learned this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A book that you should consider once you are very comfortable with value investing is Ben Graham's Security Analysis. I found it much more in-depth and informative than The Intelligent Investor, and I was able to derive my own formula for valuing a stock/company after reading it.

Some chapters, like the one on not paying attention to market fluctuations, are just preaching to the choir and not necessary to read. I just picked out the chapters that looked like they would be helpful.

Student Investor said...

anon,

I was able to derive my own formula for valuing a stock/company after reading it.

mind sharing it?